GEP Domestic Ltd is part of the Green Energy Partners group of companies, and specialises in Domestic Energy Services, including the provision of Energy Performance Certificates (EPC).
What is an EPC?
An EPC is required by law when selling or renting a property. The EPC determines how energy efficient your property is and lists recommendations to improve your energy rating. The Energy Performance Certificate is similar to the certificates now provided with domestic appliances such as refrigerators and washing machines. Click here to see an example of a certificate and an explanation of the rating.
- Energy Performance Certificates produced within 48 hours
- 7 Day week service – for your convenience
- We can provide English and Scottish EPCs
- Identity Cards carried by all Assessors
- CRB checked professional Accredited Assessors
- Fully Insured and Data Protection Act compliant
- Landlord/Letting Agent multiple EPC discounts
We offer the Energy Performance Certificate for Letting Agents and Landlords or as a separate component of the ‘Home Report’ or ‘Home Information Pack’ to meet the requirements of Solicitors, Conveyance Firms, Estate Agents, along with all others who wish to compile Home Packs and require the EPC only.
Our Assessors are NHER accredited which is one of the approved organisations within the Scottish Government Buildings Division Protocol. We have assessors based throughout the UK allowing us to offer a local service nationwide.
What does an EPC Survey involve?
The survey usually takes approximately 1 hour on an averaged sized property. It is non-intrusive, meaning that there will be no disturbance to the fabric of the property. Our assessor will:
- Show their Identity Cards prior to carrying out reports
- Take detailed measurements of the property
- Collect data to help establish the age and construction of the original building and extensions
- Where necessary and access allows, inspect the roof space to identify and measure any insulation present
- Collect detailed information on the heating systems, lighting, glazing and ventilation within the property
- Assess any other energy related features such as cavity wall insulation, solar panels or wind systems
- Take photographs of the interior (Boilers, Heating controls, Hot water storage vessels, etc.) and exterior of the property to be used as evidence for the survey
For tips on how to save energy and improve your building’s rating click here.
The property must be visited by a qualified assessor for the survey to be carried out. If the property is occupied we will make an arrangement with the occupants to carry out a survey at a time that is convenient. If the property is unoccupied we can make arrangements to collect keys from the property owner, tenant or agent and will complete the survey unaccompanied.
Quotations & Bookings
If you would like a quote for your property please contact us by email or phone. To provide an accurate quote we will require the following information –
- Which services you require
- Full property address
- Number of bedrooms
- Property occupancy status
- Contact details
To book your EPC we will require the above information, access arrangements and an invoice address.
For your convenience we also offer other services which can be carried out at the same time as the EPC survey. These are all designed to help you sell or rent your property as quickly as possible.
- Portable Appliance Testing
- Floor Plan Layouts & Measurements
- Property Photography
- Energy Saving Light Bulbs
To discuss our services in more detail, request a quote or make a booking please contact us on the Domestic EPC Hotline - 0845 272 3536 or by email –
Our assessors can be with you within 24 hours